Coach Taylor brings with him an accomplished resume as both a collegiate coach and player.
His Collegiate Coaching accomplishments include:
• Compiling an overall record of 144-48 in eleven winning seasons and helped guide the Golden Lions to three ECAC appearances (2001, 2002, 2005).
• In 2010, he received I.M.L.A. Division II Assistant Coach of the Year after again making a NCAA final four appearance.
• In 2012, he helped lead Dowling to their first NCAA Men’s Lacrosse Division II Championship.
• Every year since starting with Dowling, the team’s offense scoring average has been in the top ten of Men’s Division II.
• His knowledge and skills on the offensive side has been a large factor in placing thirty-three Golden Lions to the All-American Team.
• Taylor has contributed to the Golden Lions being ranked in the top ten nationally in each of his seasons as assistant coach, earning the team three bids in the NCAA Division II post season.
As a Player his accomplishments include:
• He played four years (1991-1994) at Dowling College where he was a captain his junior and senior years.
• In 1993 and 1994, he received Honorable Mention All American, he was also leading scorer for the Golden Lions 1992 – 1994.
• Taylor played for Team Canada in the Commonwealth Games, Victoria Island, British Columbia, Canada in 1994.
• In Ontario, Canada, Taylor played for the Huntsville’s Hawks and won recognition as MVP and his team received the Founders Cup in 1991.
Coach Taylor's knowledge of the game, approach to detail and passion for winning will recharge and rebuild the tradition of the Shoreham Wading River Lacrosse Program and makes for an exciting inaugural season.